Timelapse World Snow Festival 2016
Ice-cold art in the Eiger village
Grindelwald will host the 34th World Snow Festival this winter. It is a celebration of ice-cold art, where international artists design figures and sculptures out of metre-high blocks of snow. The festival takes place on January 18-23, 2016. This year's moto is "Harmony".
The World Snow Festival has grown into one of Grindelwald's most fascinating and popular winter events and is an indispensable fixture on the annual calendar. Each January, Grindelwald hosts this international snow festival in the village centre.
The event that started in 1983 with a gigantic Heidi sculpture hewn out of snow by Japanese artists has come of age as a cultural happening that firmly belongs to the village at the foot of the Eiger.
A jury of experts judge the giant snow sculptures according to the criteria: topicality, originality, and skill. The public are also welcome to give their impressions of the works of art, which will be taken into account by the judges.
Drawing Lots - Get a chance to Win !
1. Discover the sculptures
2. Vote for your favorite Team
3. Win a prize !
1. Two Nights for 4 persons at the Downtown Lodge, Grindelwald
2. Two Nights for 4 persons at Hotel Eigerblick, Kleine Scheidegg
3. Two tickets to Schilthorn with Bond Breakfast 007
4. One dinner with a bottle of wine for 2 persons at Café 3692
5. Two tickets to the Pfinstegg
6. Voucher for Tommy Hilfiger
7. One ticket up to First
8. Two tickets to the Männlichen
9. and 10. One entrance to the Indoor Seilpark Grindelwald & Entrance at the Wellness Oase, Sports Center Grindelwald